Vow is a food company - a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells instead of the animal itself.
We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Regulatory Lead to lead our regulatory strategy and execution across multiple markets. You will own and execute on assembling our safety dossier and engaging with regulators to ensure their smooth passage.
Within Vow, you’ll work cross-functionally across the business to establish a regulatory function for novel food products to ensure that Vow has safe sellable products that comply with all regulatory requirements, locally and internationally, specifically focused on Singapore, Australia, and the US.
The experience you will bring:
- Technical and regulatory experience with a proven track record of successful food approvals (ideally novel food, biological based food, additives, or food processing enzymes).
- Experience translating technical information for regulatory applications and safety dossiers into actionable steps and a roadmap for a team to execute against.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with regulatory bodies, lobbyists, and other key stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in life-science including Chemistry, Biology, or related technical field.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing startup environment and / or a keen interest to embrace an entrepreneurial, innovation-oriented mindset.
- Lead regulatory efforts to successfully gain regulatory approval for Vow's product launch, including developing and executing to fast-paced timelines, managing safety dossier development, and engaging with regulators.
- Build and develop our compliance tools and take ownership of our policies and procedures
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and a desire to break the status quo, even when it comes to regulatory timelines and previously set standards
- Lead novel ingredient regulatory approvals by cultivating and maintaining strong connections with industry, government, and academic scientists working in the field of ingredient safety and risk assessment globally
- Partner with other functional leaders across the organization to position ingredient safety research as a core competency for Vow
- Monitor and assess regulatory developments, track trends, and anticipate future developments that lead to changes in our products
What success looks like:
Success in this role will require someone who can redefine what a well-oiled regulatory machine looks like, and who can enable Vow to take a proactive approach in defining what the regulatory pathways for cultured meat products should look like around the world. This is not a reactive role in which we follow pre-set standards. You and the Vow team will help to create and drive these regulatory standards for this new, exciting product.
VOW, MORE THAN JUST A JOB.
Who we are and why join:
- We are building a diverse, mission-driven dream team of “Vowzers.” Our mission is to make food products for everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view - so we’re building a culture to match. Be yourself and come as you are.
- Work on cutting-edge technology. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, and food, to recreate the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences. All without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way. Since our inception in 2019, we have held the title of being the first startup to cultivate meat from the cells of an undomesticated animal, and have served up our exotic meats ranging from kangaroo dumplings to alpaca sliders in tastings with world-renowned chefs.
- Work with and learn from the best. Our team includes some of the world’s leading scientists, innovators, operators, and creatives with decades of industry experience. Despite our experiences though, we all strive to build, break, learn, and repeat. We see the impossible as temporary and strive to learn and support our company and fellow Vowzers' growth as much as possible.
- We’re fully funded and ready to go. We are a growing Aussie biotech start-up backed by Square Peg Capital, Blackbird Ventures, Grok Ventures and Tenacious Ventures. Read more about why our investors are so excited about the future of Vow here.
Vow perks and benefits:
- Everyone is an owner. In addition to competitive base salaries, each and every ‘Vowzer’ owns equity in the company so we can all benefit from our hard work and future success.
- Generous equal parental leave. We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave.
- Generous relocation budget & support. Support for interstate or overseas individuals and their families (including pets!)
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to decide the best way for you to work.
- Unlimited Personal Leave. At Vow we recognise that sometimes you need time off to recuperate, look after your mental health, or simply deal with an emergency. We put unlimited personal leave in place to empower you to truly bring your best self to work every single day and you are always paid for days taken off as personal leave.
- Transparent culture. Active transparency to let you effectively contribute to every facet of the business.
- Heaps of tasty samples from our culinary centre. Our fantastic "food inventors" on the Vow team are always cooking up new product prototypes, and all Vowzers are given the opportunity to taste, give feedback, and learn from their culinary prowess
- Company wide professional development & coaching. A huge focus on career support and growth, with access to lots of learning and development opportunities through lunch and learn events, access to webinars and conferences, and networking with our investor and tech community.
- Company wide social events. Monthly birthday celebrations, "Bio Beers" happy hours, breakfast before our fortnightly companywide "All Hands”, annual end of year event and many more.
- An awesome converted warehouse office in Alexandria. Complete with a glass-walled lab, free snacks, a culinary centre and professional-grade coffee machine + premium coffee bean subscriptions available for all to use in the cafe, and a DIY workshop for all hands-on projects.
- Human and dog friendly office! An inclusive community and culture, in a welcoming office, complete with friendly “Vowzer” dogs!
- A variety of social clubs. We encourage all our Vowzer’s to build the culture with us and share what you love by creating social clubs across the business. From book clubs to hiking groups, we’re always looking for ways to learn and engage with our team.