Vow is a food company -- a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells, instead of the animal itself. We’re bringing together cutting edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
The work that we are doing is a critical step on the path to creating a future where humans can exist in sustainable harmony with our planet. A world we can proudly hand over to our children and grandchildren. We are achieving this by creating sustainable food that is the most delicious, desirable choice of anything available. This is a mission we believe in deeply.
We have a fast growing team of nearly 30 hard-working people who genuinely look out for each other and are fully funded by two of Australia's most successful venture capital firms.
As a BizOps Associate at Vow, you’ll be a founding member of our "BizOps" team within the rapidly growing Operations function and will help Vow to tackle some of its most mission critical strategic questions. You will be making recommendations then owning the path to making these real. You’ll also be tasked with building processes where they need to exist and helping us to make continuous improvements to those that already exist. You’ll play an important role in helping us to bring our first product to market while also helping Vow to build the necessary strategy and operations muscles to scale and bring many more irresistible, sustainable food products to millions of people.
What you'll do:
- Lead 'discovery' projects to understand and develop strategies for new functions, processes, etc for Vow.
- Identify areas for improvement across the company (processes, structures, etc) and use data-driven approaches to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead and / or support the actual execution and ongoing operations of these initiatives (e.g., help with strategy for a new product and then lead go-to-market operations).
- Collaborate closely with other teams at Vow on other “special projects” as they arise.
- Support our Head of Operations with long-term planning and OKR development for Vow.
In return, we will support you with:
- A productive, safe, supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Active transparency to let you actively contribute to every facet of the business.
- No legacy overheads -- the freedom to define the best approach to solving problems, both technically and organisationally.
- High-stakes work that matters deeply to the company and the world. A mission for you to sink your skills and passion into.
- Ongoing career support, weekly 1:1s and feedback from leadership, and access to learning and development opportunities.
- You're mission aligned and care that you’re building something that solves huge problems.
- You have superb problem-solving capabilities and structured thinking.
- You lead with empathy, especially when working across teams.
- You’re a self-starter with strong upward management capabilities.
- Numbers and data are first priority to you, and all analyses and recommendations lead with them.
- You’re comfortable operating with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities.
- No task is too small. You’re willing to roll your sleeves up and take ownership of anything that comes your way.
- You excel at distilling even the most complex research into one line.
Required experience / skills:
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, a high growth startup, investment banking, or a similar fast-paced environment.
- Proven analytical skills (e.g., modeling, BI work) with a track record of then operationalising key findings to drive impact.
- Project management experience on complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Ability to function as a business “translator” and to clearly communicate and ensure alignment across various types of teams.
- Superb time management and prioritisation skills.
- (Plus!) Knowledge of SQL and / or experience with BI and reporting tools.
Ultimately this role will be shaped around the right candidate. If you love the mission and have evidence that you can make a strong contribution towards it, we want to speak to you.
Visa sponsorship options available.
Vow’s mission is to make food products for everyone, and we mean everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, we are inclusive and we believe diversity drives innovation - so we’re building a culture to match. Uniqueness is powerful - be yourself and come as you are.