Vow is a food company - a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells instead of the animal itself.
We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
Vow is looking for a driven and energetic leader of leaders to build out our global manufacturing organisation from Sydney, into APAC, the USA and beyond. Scope includes Manufacturing Operations, New Product Introduction, Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain for multiple product lines. As a senior leader at Vow you will be responsible for taking the reins on all in-flight manufacturing work at pilot scale and developing a long-term strategy in alignment with the company mission and core values.
The experience you will bring:
- Experienced functional leader who has globally scaled first-of-kind products with exceptional speed.
- Deep manufacturing expertise across the spectrum from manufacturing engineering to strategic sourcing and operations management, having shipped products at mass-scale.
- A results-driven leader of leaders who can deliver the seemingly impossible on record-setting timelines.
- Expertise in establishing and managing successful partnerships and collaborations, including contract manufacturing.
- A passion for and history of growing a high-performing team.
- An open-minded and creative, first-principles problem-solving you’re comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive clarity.
- Proven track record in driving down COGS and working cross-functionally on strategic finance initiatives
- Own the vision and implementation for the growth of Vow’s ambitious global manufacturing scale-up.
- Be accountable for total output, quality, safety and rate of growth of the production capability of Vow.
- Drive accountability and clarity around the functions and roles within the Manufacturing Organisation.
- Develop a high-performance organisation by cultivating up-and-coming leaders and implementing structure to support rapid growth.
Vow, more than just a job.
Who we are and why join:
- We are building a diverse, mission-led dream team of “Vowzers.” Our mission is to make food products for everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view - so we’re building a culture to match. Be yourself and come as you are.
- Work on cutting-edge technology. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, and food, to recreate the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences. All without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way. Since our inception in 2019, we have held the title of being the first startup to cultivate meat from the cells of an undomesticated animal, and have served up our exotic meats ranging from kangaroo dumplings to alpaca sliders in tastings with world-renowned chefs.
- Work with and learn from the best. Our team includes some of the world’s top scientists, innovators, operators, and creatives with decades of industry experience. Despite our experiences though, we all strive to build, break, learn, and repeat. We see the impossible as temporary and strive to learn and support our company and fellow Vowzers' growth as much as possible.
- We’re fully funded and ready to go. We are a growing Aussie biotech start-up backed by Blackbird Ventures, Square Peg Capital, Grok Ventures, Tenacious Ventures, P7 Ventures, Toyota Ventures, and PeakBridge VC.
Vow perks and benefits:
- Everyone is an owner. In addition to competitive base salaries, each and every ‘Vowzer’ owns equity in the company so we can all benefit from our hard work and future success.
- Generous paid parental leave. We offer 8 weeks for of paid caregiver leave and an additional 8 weeks paid leave for the birth giver.
- Generous relocation budget & support. Support for interstate or overseas team members and their families (including pets!)
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to choose the best way for you to work.
- Unlimited personal leave. At Vow we recognise that sometimes you need time off to recuperate, look after your mental health, or simply deal with an emergency. We put unlimited personal leave in place to empower you to truly bring your best self to work every single day and you are always paid for days taken off as personal leave.
- Heaps of tasty samples from our culinary centre. Our fantastic "food inventors" on the Vow team are always cooking up new product prototypes, and all Vowzers are given the opportunity to taste, give feedback, and learn from their culinary prowess.
- An awesome converted warehouse “campus” in Alexandria. Complete with a glass-walled lab, manufacturing line, free snacks, a culinary centre, and professional-grade coffee machine in our cafe, as well as a DIY workshop for all hands-on projects.
- Human and dog friendly office! An inclusive community and culture, in a welcoming office, complete with friendly “Vowzer” dogs!
- A variety of social clubs. We encourage all our Vowzers to build the culture with us and share what you love by creating social clubs across the business. From book clubs to hiking groups, we’re always looking for ways to learn and engage with our team.