Vow is a food company - a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells instead of the animal itself.
We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
Vow is looking for an experienced Food Safety/Quality professional with strong mission alignment and a ‘get s*#t done’ attitude. The Food Safety and Quality Lead will be tasked with designing and implementing a safety and quality management system from scratch in a new manufacturing environment. With an upcoming product launch, it will be critical to the success of Vow to maintain the highest levels of product quality and food safety.
The experience you bring:
- Experience building and implementing online chemical, physical, and biological quality control processes to adhere to fluid/changing regulatory guidelines.
- A track-record of having delivered on critical programs at ‘light-speed’, ideally in a start-up environment.
- Experience owning Quality Management in meat processing, dairy or fermentation processes.
- A strong network of Quality and Food Safety peers and subject matter experts to call on as needed.
- Comfort working on open-ended problems and creating order from ambiguous situations.
- Clear communication skills and the ability to implement positive changes to processes and systems.
- Experience investigating and resolving customer contacts.
- Experience organising internal and external audits.
- Experience maintaining documentation compliance, as well as conducting internal trend analysis and reporting.
- Tertiary Qualifications in food science, dairy technology, microbiology or a related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in Food Safety and Quality Assurance roles.
What success looks like:
During your first month you will have successfully scoped out a plan and begun to implement elements of Vow’s Food Safety and Quality system.
Within three months you will have completed the initial implementation of Vow’s Food Safety and Quality system.
You will have developed key processes and workflows that serve to ensure the necessary level of Food Safety and Quality standards are maintained at Vow.
By the end of your first year at Vow you will have helped ensure our first product has been brought to market and that Vow’s Food Safety and Quality system has matured and evolved with feedback and support from the team.
External audits will have been given feedback as being ‘exemplary’ and you will have directly contributed to Vow’s reputation as a high integrity food manufacturer.
Vow, more than just a job.
Who we are and why join:
- We are building a diverse, mission-driven dream team of “Vowzers.” Our mission is to make food products for everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view - so we’re building a culture to match. Be yourself and come as you are.
- Work on cutting-edge technology. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, and food, to recreate the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences. All without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way. Since our inception in 2019, we have held the title of being the first startup to cultivate meat from the cells of an undomesticated animal, and have served up our exotic meats ranging from kangaroo dumplings to alpaca sliders in tastings with world-renowned chefs.
- Work with and learn from the best. Our team includes some of the world’s leading scientists, innovators, operators, and creatives with decades of industry experience. Despite our experiences though, we all strive to build, break, learn, and repeat. We see the impossible as temporary and strive to learn and support our company and fellow Vowzers' growth as much as possible.
- We’re fully funded and ready to go. We are a growing Aussie biotech start-up backed by Square Peg Capital, Blackbird Ventures, Grok Ventures and Tenacious Ventures. *Read more about why our investors are so excited about the future of Vow here.*
Vow perks and benefits:
- Everyone is an owner. In addition to competitive base salaries, each and every ‘Vowzer’ owns equity in the company so we can all benefit from our hard work and future success.
- Generous paid parental leave. We offer 12 weeks for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers.
- Generous relocation budget & support. Support for interstate or overseas individuals and their families (including pets!)
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to decide the best way for you to work.
- Unlimited Personal Leave. At Vow we recognize that sometimes you need time off to recuperate, look after your mental health, or simply deal with an emergency. We put unlimited personal leave in place to empower you to truly bring your best self to work every single day and you are always paid for days taken off as personal leave.
- Transparent culture. Active transparency to let you effectively contribute to every facet of the business.
- Heaps of tasty samples from our culinary centre. Our fantastic "food inventors" on the Vow team are always cooking up new product prototypes, and all Vowzers are given the opportunity to taste, give feedback, and learn from their culinary prowess
- Company wide professional development & coaching. A huge focus on career support and growth, with access to lots of learning and development opportunities through lunch and learn events, access to webinars and conferences, and networking with our investor and tech community.
- Company wide social events. Monthly birthday celebrations, "Bio Beers" happy hours, breakfast before our fortnightly companywide "All Hands”, annual end of year event and many more.
- An awesome converted warehouse office in Alexandria. Complete with a glass-walled lab, free snacks, a culinary centre and professional-grade coffee machine + premium coffee bean subscriptions available for all to use in the cafe, and a DIY workshop for all hands-on projects.
- Human and dog friendly office! An inclusive community and culture, in a welcoming office, complete with friendly “Vowzer” dogs!
- A variety of social clubs. We encourage all our Vowzers to build the culture with us and share what you love by creating social clubs across the business. From book clubs to hiking groups, we’re always looking for ways to learn and engage with our team.