Vow is a food company - a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells instead of the animal itself. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
We are seeking a Global Supply Manager to support our manufacturing and technology teams in the procurement of critical production inputs and capital equipment for current and future manufacturing. You’ll be responsible for refining Vow’s supply chain strategy, but then will also own the execution of this, ranging from sourcing and negotiations, to maintaining strong ongoing relationships with suppliers, to tactically ensuring that cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing manufacturing function but will be viewed as the ‘owner’ of our supply chain work, an opportunity that balances autonomy and huge personal growth with the chance to still join a dynamic, fast-paced environment with teammates who embody excellence and creativity in all that they do.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate directly with manufacturing and technology teams at Vow to understand the current state of supply chain and procurement work and understand how this function needs to grow in order to support Vow’s long-term vision.
- Address all areas of category management, including business plans, global market and pricing analysis, and procurement support.
- Develop, validate, and analyse RFQ packages to potential capital equipment, tooling, and engineering and construction suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing, specifications, commercial terms, and issue PO’s for Production Equipment, Tooling, and associated services.
- Support organisational management objectives by identifying and negotiating commercial cost reduction opportunities, including make vs. buy decisions.
- Cultivate best-in-industry equipment and tooling supplier relationships.
- Analyse current spend and where necessary, evaluate and consolidate suppliers, identify opportunities to shift to new, high-potential suppliers, etc.
- Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of strategic sourcing and/or category management experience in a fast-paced, highly fluid environment, preferably for capital equipment or engineering and construction categories.
- Strong presentation and influencing skills, with experience presenting to executive-level management, both internally but also with external partners.
- Experience developing cost estimates, analysing supplier quotes, and driving price negotiation processes to ensure best-in-class commodity pricing.
- Proficiency in evaluating and analysing data to enable operational decision-making or present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Solid understanding of contract fundamentals, with demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management, including dispute resolution.
- A blend of business and technical knowledge, allowing for big-picture vision and the ability to dive deep into specific challenges, such as managing supply and constraints, status reporting, and escalation.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally approximately 30% of the time.
Vow, more than just a job.
Who we are and why join:
- We are building a diverse, mission-led dream team of “Vowzers.” Our mission is to make food products for everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view - so we’re building a culture to match. Be yourself and come as you are.
- Work on cutting-edge technology. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, and food, to recreate the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences. All without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way. Since our inception in 2019, we have held the title of being the first startup to cultivate meat from the cells of an undomesticated animal, and have served up our exotic meats ranging from kangaroo dumplings to alpaca sliders in tastings with world-renowned chefs.
- Work with and learn from the best. Our team includes some of the world’s top scientists, innovators, operators, and creatives with decades of industry experience. Despite our experiences though, we all strive to build, break, learn, and repeat. We see the impossible as temporary and strive to learn and support our company and fellow Vowzers' growth as much as possible.
- We’re fully funded and ready to go. We are a growing Aussie biotech start-up backed by Blackbird Ventures, Square Peg Capital, Grok Ventures, Tenacious Ventures, P7 Ventures, Toyota Ventures, and PeakBridge VC.
Vow perks and benefits:
- Everyone is an owner. In addition to competitive base salaries, each and every ‘Vowzer’ owns equity in the company so we can all benefit from our hard work and future success.
- Generous paid parental leave. We offer 8 weeks for of paid caregiver leave and an additional 8 weeks paid leave for the birth giver.
- Generous relocation budget & support. Support for interstate or overseas team members and their families (including pets!)
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to choose the best way for you to work.
- Unlimited personal leave. At Vow we recognise that sometimes you need time off to recuperate, look after your mental health, or simply deal with an emergency. We put unlimited personal leave in place to empower you to truly bring your best self to work every single day and you are always paid for days taken off as personal leave.
- Heaps of tasty samples from our culinary centre. Our fantastic "food inventors" on the Vow team are always cooking up new product prototypes, and all Vowzers are given the opportunity to taste, give feedback, and learn from their culinary prowess.
- An awesome converted warehouse “campus” in Alexandria. Complete with a glass-walled lab, manufacturing line, free snacks, a culinary centre, and professional-grade coffee machine in our cafe, as well as a DIY workshop for all hands-on projects.
- Human and dog friendly office! An inclusive community and culture, in a welcoming office, complete with friendly “Vowzer” dogs!
- A variety of social clubs. We encourage all our Vowzers to build the culture with us and share what you love by creating social clubs across the business. From book clubs to hiking groups, we’re always looking for ways to learn and engage with our team.