Vow is a food company - a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells instead of the animal itself.
We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
We’re looking for an experienced, driven, and team-oriented product manager who can coordinate and drive progress towards our first product launch in Singapore. You’ll be critical in executing on our product vision, positioning, and go-to-market strategy. To do this you’ll work with Vowzers across all teams ranging from science, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory to manage all timelines and workstreams supporting this first product.
Food or deep tech knowledge isn’t a prerequisite. We’re looking for someone who’s motivated, hyper-curious, and head over heels about the opportunity to bring one of the first cultured meat products in the world to market and define a unique category of product management for this new space.
The experience you bring:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a product or program manager either in a startup or fast-paced product development environment.
- Top-notch program delivery skills and the ability to coordinate and execute on cross-functional collaborations to launch a new product.
- Epic communication skills, your written skills are seamless and a track record of delivering results through influence without authority.
- An incredible capacity for (fast) learning. You’ll need to learn about everything from cell biology to sensory evaluation to be successful in this role.
- Own the delivery of our first product launch in Singapore, including cross-functional management of all involved teams (e.g., product development, design, marketing, event management, regulatory, bioprocess scale-up, manufacturing).
- Develop expert level understanding of every aspect of how our food product is created.
- Work closely with our technical “Vowzers” (e.g., scientists, engineers) to help them prioritise activities, communicate constraints, and move quickly.
- Understand markets, competition and the desires of our customers in great depth (you will become a cultured meat product and industry expert - if something happens in cultured meat, you’re the first person to know about it).
- Establish Vow’s emerging Product Management practice as we grow to have a team of Product Managers by the end of 2022.
What success looks like:
In your first month, you’ll work side by side with our Head of Operations and Chief Commercial Officer to rapidly get up to speed on all things Vow, cultured meat, and our first product. From there, you’ll take ownership of the entire program team focused on our first product launch, including a product squad and a technology squad, but also cross-functional management of all other engaged teams.
You’ll support and ask the right questions to break barriers to meet our launch goals, ranging from legal and regulatory requirements, consumer testing, shipping logistics, product experience design and more, integrating deeply with the science and manufacturing teams to ensure we’re all on the same page.
By the end of your first year at Vow, Vow will be making global headlines for a smashing first product launch - a massive milestone for the entire alternative protein industry that you can feel directly responsible for helping our team to achieve..
Vow, more than just a job.
Who we are and why join:
- We are building a diverse, mission-driven dream team of “Vowzers.” Our mission is to make food products for everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view - so we’re building a culture to match. Be yourself and come as you are.
- Work on cutting-edge technology. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, and food, to recreate the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences. All without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way. Since our inception in 2019, we have held the title of being the first startup to cultivate meat from the cells of an undomesticated animal, and have served up our exotic meats ranging from kangaroo dumplings to alpaca sliders in tastings with world-renowned chefs.
- Work with and learn from the best. Our team includes some of the world’s leading scientists, innovators, operators, and creatives with decades of industry experience. Despite our experiences though, we all strive to build, break, learn, and repeat. We see the impossible as temporary and strive to learn and support our company and fellow Vowzers' growth as much as possible.
- We’re fully funded and ready to go. We are a growing Aussie biotech start-up backed by Square Peg Capital, Blackbird Ventures, Grok Ventures and Tenacious Ventures. Read more about why our investors are so excited about the future of Vow here.
Vow perks and benefits:
- Everyone is an owner. In addition to competitive base salaries, each and every ‘Vowzer’ owns equity in the company so we can all benefit from our hard work and future success.
- Generous paid parental leave. We offer 12 weeks for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers.
- Generous relocation budget & support. Support for interstate or overseas individuals and their families (including pets!)
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to decide the best way for you to work.
- Unlimited Personal Leave. At Vow we recognize that sometimes you need time off to recuperate, look after your mental health, or simply deal with an emergency. We put unlimited personal leave in place to empower you to truly bring your best self to work every single day and you are always paid for days taken off as personal leave.
- Transparent culture. Active transparency to let you effectively contribute to every facet of the business.
- Heaps of tasty samples from our culinary centre. Our fantastic "food inventors" on the Vow team are always cooking up new product prototypes, and all Vowzers are given the opportunity to taste, give feedback, and learn from their culinary prowess
- Company wide professional development & coaching. A huge focus on career support and growth, with access to lots of learning and development opportunities through lunch and learn events, access to webinars and conferences, and networking with our investor and tech community.
- Company wide social events. Monthly birthday celebrations, "Bio Beers" happy hours, breakfast before our fortnightly companywide "All Hands”, annual end of year event and many more.
- An awesome converted warehouse office in Alexandria. Complete with a glass-walled lab, free snacks, a culinary centre and professional-grade coffee machine + premium coffee bean subscriptions available for all to use in the cafe, and a DIY workshop for all hands-on projects.
- Human and dog friendly office! An inclusive community and culture, in a welcoming office, complete with friendly “Vowzer” dogs!
- A variety of social clubs. We encourage all our Vowzers to build the culture with us and share what you love by creating social clubs across the business. From book clubs to hiking groups, we’re always looking for ways to learn and engage with our team.