What you'll do:
- Build out and own all aspects of financial control, including accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, and reimbursements.
- Set up and document processes for accurate and efficient monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Run payroll for Vowzers so that our amazing employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Own our ESOP process, investor, and ASIC reporting.
- Function as Vow’s go-to person for all things tax and financial compliance.
- Own Vow’s P&L and cash flow modeling and proactively communicate the impacts of these models to leadership across the company.
- Be highly involved in strategic planning, acting as a thought partner to the leadership team to model different business strategies and their impact on Vow.
- Assist with budget preparation and planning, specifically for annual planning and fundraising.
- Support other special projects as required!
In return, we will support you with:
- A productive, safe, supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Active transparency to let you actively contribute to every facet of the business.
- No legacy overheads -- the freedom to define the best approach to solving problems, both technically and organisationally.
- High-stakes work that matters deeply to the company and the world. A mission for you to sink your skills and passion into.
- Ongoing career support, weekly 1:1s and feedback from leadership, and access to learning and development opportunities.
- You're mission aligned, and care that you’re building something that solves huge problems.
- You have amazing attention to detail, especially when it comes to numbers. No discrepancies or inaccuracies escape your eye.
- You’re hyper-efficient and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- You’re a self-starter and aren’t afraid to build new processes from scratch. You’re ready to fly solo to start but have proven experience building out a team over time.
- You’re ambitious and want the chance to move quickly, gain new skills, and help to build a team from the ground up.
- You have a “no task too small” mentality and are eager to own any and all things finance at Vow.
- You’re a clear communicator and are able to take the most complex of models, calculations, or processes and distill them into succinct, actionable takeaways.
- You’re open to coming on full time if or when Vow’s financial needs grow.
Required experience / skills:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Commerce/Finance.
- 5+ years of finance experience, ideally at a large accounting and financial services firm.
- CA/CPA qualified or working towards completion of CA/CPA.
- Experience (or a keen, demonstrated interest) in the startup space.
- Proven track record of building out, maintaining, and improving effective financial processes.
- Strategic modeling and forecasting experience.
- Ability to work effectively and positively with people across different types of teams.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Xero.
- Superb communication skills and a positive attitude.
Ultimately this role will be shaped around the right candidate. If you love the mission and have evidence that you can make a strong contribution towards it, we want to speak to you. Depending on the candidate, we're also flexible with whether this will be a part or full-time role to start.
Vow’s mission is to make food products for everyone, and we mean everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, we are inclusive and we believe diversity drives innovation - so we’re building a culture to match. Uniqueness is powerful - be yourself and come as you are.