Vow is a food company - a very different one. We’re creating real meat products from animal cells instead of the animal itself.
We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, culinary and design to make sustainable food that’s both irresistible and available to billions of people worldwide.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Country Operations Manager (Singapore) to join our rapidly growing startup.
You will be responsible for establishing and managing the smooth and efficient running of manufacturing and go-to-market operations in Singapore.
You are a people person. A big part of your role will involve building meaningful relationships with mission-driven, collaborative partners to support us as we launch and operate in the Singaporean market. You are technically minded and excited to learn a range of broad topics to communicate in different settings with different stakeholders. You are detail oriented and able to manage a long list of critical and complex initiatives without getting stressed out. You can communicate these initiatives in effective ways to a broad range of stakeholders both inside and outside the company.
The experience you will bring:
- Deep, hands-on management of operational functions that includes a combination of the following: operations, business analytics, commercialisation, and project management.
- Experience working with technical products with keen technical understanding. A technical degree is not required but highly desirable.
- Curiosity and growth mindset when it comes to areas outside of your domain of expertise.
- Experience living and working in Singaporean culture, with a love of local food.
- Mission driven with a genuine interest and passion for Vow’s vision for sustainable food.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines.
- Highly collaborative approach and strong communication skills (internally and externally) across various business functions and influencing different stakeholders.
- High level of business and technical skill with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and partners.
- Experience in food or biotech is not required, but highly desirable.
- Experience launching a new brand or product in Singapore is not required, but highly desirable.
- Lead the build out and running of operations for products in the Singaporean market, including but not limited to contract manufacturing and go-to-market channel partners.
- You will be responsible for creating new ideas, testing them, and measuring key performance indicators to establish our product in the Singaporean market.
- Identify novel solutions for our manufacturing and GTM challenges with external supplier partners.
- Support regulatory compliance with relevant product regulations and relationships with local regulators.
- Communicate to leadership and cross-functional teams on operations and initiatives, in partnership with the Head of Operations, to deliver on the company’s core objectives.
What success looks like:
You have established and managed a highly effective and unified set of local partnerships, relationships, and operations necessarily for Vow to manufacture, sell, and distribute a hugely successful product in the Singapore market.
You support the strong volume growth and product line expansion in this market, while continuing to deepen our capabilities in the Singapore office with an eye to further regional expansion.
Vow, more than just a job.
Who we are and why join:
- We are building a diverse, mission-driven dream team of “Vowzers.” Our mission is to make food products for everyone. To do that well we need a workforce that’s representative of the people we serve. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view - so we’re building a culture to match. Be yourself and come as you are.
- Work on cutting-edge technology. We’re bringing together cutting-edge innovations in science, engineering, and food, to recreate the world’s most tantalising and unique culinary experiences. All without compromising on ethics or our planet along the way. Since our inception in 2019, we have held the title of being the first startup to cultivate meat from the cells of an undomesticated animal, and have served up our exotic meats ranging from kangaroo dumplings to alpaca sliders in tastings with world-renowned chefs.
- Work with and learn from the best. Our team includes some of the world’s leading scientists, innovators, operators, and creatives with decades of industry experience. Despite our experiences though, we all strive to build, break, learn, and repeat. We see the impossible as temporary and strive to learn and support our company and fellow Vowzers' growth as much as possible.
- We’re fully funded and ready to go. We are a growing Aussie biotech start-up backed by Square Peg Capital, Blackbird Ventures, Grok Ventures and Tenacious Ventures. Read more about why our investors are so excited about the future of Vow here.
Vow perks and benefits:
- Everyone is an owner. In addition to competitive base salaries, each and every ‘Vowzer’ owns equity in the company so we can all benefit from our hard work and future success.
- Generous paid parental leave. We offer 12 weeks for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers.
- Generous relocation budget & support. Support for interstate or overseas individuals and their families (including pets!)
- Flexible working hours and location. We value work-life balance. While we’re mostly back in the office, you’re free to decide the best way for you to work.
- Unlimited Personal Leave. At Vow we recognise that sometimes you need time off to recuperate, look after your mental health, or simply deal with an emergency. We put unlimited personal leave in place to empower you to truly bring your best self to work every single day and you are always paid for days taken off as personal leave.
- Transparent culture. Active transparency to let you effectively contribute to every facet of the business.
- Heaps of tasty samples from our culinary centre. Our fantastic "food inventors" on the Vow team are always cooking up new product prototypes, and all Vowzers are given the opportunity to taste, give feedback, and learn from their culinary prowess
- Company wide professional development & coaching. A huge focus on career support and growth, with access to lots of learning and development opportunities through lunch and learn events, access to webinars and conferences, and networking with our investor and tech community.
- Company wide social events. Monthly birthday celebrations, "Bio Beers" happy hours, breakfast before our fortnightly companywide "All Hands”, annual end of year event and many more.
- An awesome converted warehouse office in Alexandria. Complete with a glass-walled lab, free snacks, a culinary centre and professional-grade coffee machine + premium coffee bean subscriptions available for all to use in the cafe, and a DIY workshop for all hands-on projects.
- Human and dog friendly office! An inclusive community and culture, in a welcoming office, complete with friendly “Vowzer” dogs!
- A variety of social clubs. We encourage all our Vowzers to build the culture with us and share what you love by creating social clubs across the business. From book clubs to hiking groups, we’re always looking for ways to learn and engage with our team.